(PS, I just noticed you are wearing the same shirt as last month's picture. I'm sorry. But it's a cute shirt. I will try to make sure next month you are wearing something different.)
Cody Boy! Oh Cody Boy! You are 11 months old today! That is soooooo exciting. Do you know why that is so exciting?!? Because that means that in one month you and I will no longer have bottles to fight about. That's right. In one month I am packing them all up and you will be purely drinking from sippy cups. So I *REALLY* need you to focus on NOT throwing them off the high chair or shaking them wildly above your head anymore. You see, I'm not sure how you do it but you manage to pitch those cups down with such force that the lid pops off every time. And since I've only been giving you water to practice drinking with it's no big deal. But next month it becomes milk and we, sir, will not be friends if you sling milk all over my house.
In other news, here's what you've been up to:
* You have 8 teeth now. 4 bottom, 4 top. (You got a new bottom tooth this month.)
* You learned how to clap about a week ago. You don't know what the word clap means, instead you clap when you hear, "good job!"
* We got you a push walking toy this month and got the push/ride lion down out of the attic this month. You like them and were trying to use them until Sister got up from her nap and stole them. Now you seem a little hesitant. But I think it's because we only have wood floors and they move to fast in front of you.
* You seemed like you were practicing to stand on your own at the beginning of the month. But after a few too many falls you've given up for now.
* You love to blow raspberries. You and Sarah entertain each other in the car doing it back and forth and then laughing.
* We are still working on a nap routine for you. You NEED a morning nap but you get really mad when I try to put you down for one. So recently we've been skipping it and heading to the Y. I pack you a lunch and feed it to you there so you can fall asleep on the way home. Then with the car ride home you typically sleep from about 1 to 3. Most days it's less, some days it's more.
* You are still eating mostly baby purees. It's the only way we can get you to eat fruit and vegetables. We do offer you what we're having for dinner but you will only eat the bread and meat. If a vegetable somehow makes it into your mouth you cough and hack and make a horrible disgusted face until you manage to get it out. Then you go back to searching your tray for meat and bread.
* You hate it when I take a shower. You can be perfectly content playing with your cars in your room and if you hear the shower start up you start crying hysterically and crawl across the house to come cry in my bathroom because the shower is on.
* You love to take baths. You chew on a turtle toy the whole time and watch sister play and try to get your hands on some of the toys.
* You love to dance! It's adorable! You bounce up and down with a huge smile on your face. I love it!
* You have learned how to give high fives but it's not 100%. Sometimes you'll do it, sometimes you won't. But when you do, it's always followed up with clapping because inevitably someone says, "good job!"
* You are the best shopping buddy EVER. If you are being fussy at home all we have to do is go to walmart and you are instantly happy. You love to ride in the basket and just look around. You smile the whole time. So much so that when we were out last week running errands and I knew you wouldn't get a nap. I refused to go home until Chris would be there too. Instead we just went to more stores so you could look around at different things and went to the park. You passed out on the way home, but you never cried once while we were out and about.
* You have an adorable monkey crawl when you are outside or on a rough surface.
* You are stubborn, opinionated, and fiercely independent. And we love every inch of you.
P.S. I'm sorry about you not wearing any shoes. This was the day I didn't know we were going to be out and about so long. I thought we were only going to Costco but it took too long and then we had to keep running errands to keep you happy. Anyway, you didn't seem to mind being barefoot but it scratched up your feet so you've been wearing shoes every day since this.